Location: New England
Occupation: Professionally Awesome.
How did you find out about this community? (Specify usernames if you remember them.) well my good friend compass_ink seemed to be having a good time, so...
1) List and expand upon your three best traits / strengths. (These should be personality-related, not physical.)
1. It's going to sound vain, but it's the truth: I'm smart. I am well-read and capable of most intellectual things to varying degrees, and know how to apply this knowledge. I learn (usually) quickly and easily and derive a great deal of pleasure from it. Heck, IRL I am in the process of making "knowing shit" my career.
2. I am nice. I get no pleasure from harming others or seeing others harmed, and I will go out of my way to help other people out or try to brighten someone's day.
3. I am honest. Painfully so. I despise not telling the entire truth, and it makes me very uncomfortable.
2) List and expand upon your three worst traits / weaknesses.
1. Unstable. I am not the most centered or grounded of persons, and as much as pride myself on my intelligence, I can get anxious and anxiously irrational very quickly. These sometimes lead into periods of freakout...yeah.
2. My attention span is so not what it could be. I can make big plans, yeah, but seeing them through is another story. Little plans, even! But this is improved with other people to be accountable to.
3. I am sensitive, which I guess can be a good thing but when you can't turn it off it makes it hard to handle negativity rationally and well.
3) Rate yourself on the following traits by putting an 'X' in the box you think fits best. (E.g. if you are slightly more introverted than extroverted, put an 'X' in the second box.) Explain your choice as well.
Introverted [ ] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] Extroverted
Explain: I don't make friends easily and am not the greatest in large social gatherings, but I also can get lonely easily and enjoy having people to talk to. So, I'm on the introverted side, but not extremely so.
Cheerful [ ] [ ] [X] [ ] [ ] Gloomy
Explain: This is not actually an accurate reading of my general affect. It is simply an average taken, because my mood varies wildly over the course of the week--sometimes even the day.
Reserved [ ] [ ] [ ] [X] [ ] Impulsive
Energetic [ ] [ ] [X] [ ] [ ] Calm
Explain: Like the question about mood, this is just a mean average, as it varies wildly over the course of the day...though I guess I am calmer IRL and tend to seem more lively on the internet.
Logical/Thinking [ ] [ ] [X] [ ] [ ] Emotional/Feeling
Explain: Um once again IT DEPENDS. I can be superbly rational one moment and then in the span of fifteen minutes work myself into a completely irrational fit of emotion. So. Yeah.
Grudge-holding [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [X] Forgiving
Explain: There are things I don't forgive. Theoretically. I don't think I've ever held a grudge in my life.
4) Describe how you typically work in teams. Is it generally a good experience, or do you prefer working by yourself? Do you like to lead and make decisions or do you prefer to let others make decisions so that you can do the legwork? You may find it helpful to give an example of a team you worked on recently and how that went.
I like working in teams and groups when all people are engaged and active and having fun. I dislike having all the work shoved onto me (flashbacks from middle school haunt me still), but I readily admit I will assume a leadership position gladly if I can also choose not to freely and if I am confident in my capacity to perform it well. I tend to dominate team activity, unfortunately for anyone who is shyer or less confident.
5) Spider-Man Decision: If you had to choose between saving two dozen innocent children and saving your best friend/significant other/person closest to you, which would you pick and why?
...Most likely I would either take the third option and find the way to save both groups or completely fall into a nonfunctional heap, incapable of making any decision or saving anyone.
6) Your friend has had their feelings hurt and comes to you for consolation. What do you do? Let's say, two days later they come to you again still upset over the same issue. What would you do in that case?
I would offer them a sympathetic ear, and give the best advice I am capable of. I would do the very same thing two days later.
7) What interests/hobbies do you have? How do you like to spend your free time?
I enjoy gaming, reading, making icons, making lists, writing fic, ROLEPLAYING~ and occasionally I watch tv/movies. I also like shopping, if I have money, organizing things I have collected, and conversation. I also like cooking (and eating), walking, listening to music, playing with cats, and I'm learning various crafty things. ...I don't really do "do absolutely nothing" very well.
8) Describe one to three careers you would find ideal, with a little explanation of why it appeals to you.
I would like to either translate video games, as it gets me closer to my hobby and one of my learning passions, be a professor (research and writing and teaching!) or work at an art museum. I like using my brain and visual/written media a lot, and would just. shrivel up and die in a field without that.
9) List one to three favorite Final Fantasy games and why you like them. Sequels/spin-offs/non-numbered/KH/
Oh gosh only three? UM.
...Of the numbered games, IV is my favorite. I am deeply in love with all the characters, I adore the gameplay of the DS version, and just. tee! I don't have reasons, really--I don't think it's the best-written, best-realized, prettiest, deepest, whatever-est Final Fantasy, it's just the one I like the best.
Of other games, the Dissidia series is also my favorite. I've sunk more hours into Duodecim than I have ANY other game ever, and I love everything about it, pretty much. I love the in-jokes, lampshade-hangings, gameplay, its fodder for my completionist nature, its music and its visual style...yeah. I just love Dissidia.
10) List one to three of your favorite Final Fantasy characters and why:
CECIL. from FFIV. All my love for this silly honorable sweet noble kind yet flawed paladin.
Warrior of Light from Dissidia absolutely fascinates me. I love exploring his character and trying to figure out how he works, what he thinks and feels and believes, given his...unique canon history.
11) One to three characters you relate to (you may reuse answers from #8 if applicable) and why:
I...don't really relate to any of them, sadly. I think the closest is Setzer, from FFVI--especially his fits of depression and apparent substance abuse in Kohlingen, WoR.
12) The FF game you liked playing least:
Oh man--tossup between FFT and FF8, both ONLY because of gameplay reasons. FF8 because I suck at triple triad, FFT because turn-based-strategy games and I are not on speaking terms (and I swear that game has it in for me personally given some of the complete bullshit moves it's done to me in the past).
13) One to three FF characters you dislike and why:
I rarely dislike characters, it's more of a "well I don't really get why this character is appealing but whatever /goes on with life" but there is one. I know Locke is a fictional character, and his relationships with Celes and Rachel are fictional, but I've known too many men with "romantic issues" and seen too many really bad relationships to not feel very uncomfortable about the character.
14) Favorite weapon in a Final Fantasy game (either the name if you liked the name, or a picture if you liked the look of it, or a description if it had awesome stats/abilities):
FFIV. Stardust Rod. Comet? For FREE? Don't mind if I do!
15) Your favorite Final Fantasy summon (e.g. Ifrit, Carbuncle, Bahamut, etc.):
Um this is really hard. But I think it's Anima--everything from her backstory to her design to her association with Seymour (a character I really like) to her complete hax-ness...there's not a thing I dislike.
16) Your favorite spell/ability/technique that can be learned in a Final Fantasy game (e.g. Esuna, Steal, special finishes/overdrives such as Tifa's Final Heaven limit break, etc.):
This is going to sound weird, but I'm a fan (sort of) of Golbez's imperfect ExBurst in the Dissidia games. Just the way he says "I tire of this" and the nature of the attack--I find it to be the most chilling move in the game and I'm surprised how little mention of it comes up. So I kinda. Champion it as being rly cool.
17) A Final Fantasy mini-game/sidequest you invested entirely too much time into:
Does "one hundred percent completion/perfect game" in FFXII count? Yes? Oh good. (ONE DAY. ONE DAY I WILL HAVE A PERFECT FILE WITH EVERYTHING DONE IN THE GAME THAT CAN BE DONE. ONE DAY)
18) Your favorite Cid:
Okay he's not technically a Cid but Al-Cid Margrace from FFXII just never fails to make me giggle.