Location: Melbourne, Australia
How did you find out about this community? (Specify usernames if you remember them.)
zerrat got me to join
1) List and expand upon your three best traits / strengths. (These should be personality-related, not physical.)
Loyal : I will stand by my friends when they need me, even if they've done something very wrong, i'd never abandon them.
Logical : I enjoy puzzles, riddles, Sudoku, brain teasers etc. couldn't do a crossword to save my life, but it was immensely enjoyable to complete all of the Riddler’s challenges in Batman: Arkham Asylum.
Level-Headed : I rarely panic, can handle things most people find stressful, like Sydney traffic, or failing time and time again to defeat this one boss, I can play horror games without freaking out, love scary movies, and don't fear anything irrationally like spiders, or zombies.
2) List and expand upon your three worst traits / weaknesses.
Lazy : I will admit that my very worst trait is being lazy and unmotivated, in anything really, from finishing a game, to cleaning my room, to moving on from my dead-end job. It's not something I'm proud of, but is something I want to change in myself.
Indecisive : It's ironic that I don't really know how to best explain this one, if I don't know what I want to do, I will often put it off for a later date, I'm rather non-committal.
I don't know what else to say about that. Next!
Disorganized : My room's a mess, my drawer is full of junk and I like to wing it. I put things down and don't know where I put them. I can usually track them down, but I still haven't found my iPod.
3) Rate yourself on the following traits by putting an 'X' in the box you think fits best. (E.g. if you are slightly more introverted than extroverted, put an 'X' in the second box.) Explain your choice as well.
Introverted [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Extroverted
Explain: I keep my thoughts to myself and don't talk a lot, aside from comic relief and cracking bad jokes.
Cheerful [ ] [ ] [X] [ ] [ ] Gloomy
Explain: I tend to swing between the two. Sometimes I can be really happy, sometimes not so happy, and sometimes I'm really, really grumpy. I have some mood swings... I do try, but sometimes I forget or can't help myself.
Leader [ ] [ ] [ ] [X] [ ] Supportive
Explain: I'm indecisive, I prefer to follow orders than make them and I don't think I have the authority to tell people what to do, unless I really need to. Not very good at talking to people. I'll teach if I need to, but I don't know if I'd be any good at it.
Confident [ ] [ ] [ ] [X] [ ] Modest
Explain: I can sound confident if I need to or want to... sometimes... except for when I'm driving... that also fluctuates with my mood... But mostly I don't think I'm very good at anything and I don't like to brag.
Reserved [ ] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] Impulsive
Explain: Reserved, except for when it comes to buying stuff.
Energetic [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [X] Calm
Explain: It's not impossible for me to be energetic, but most of the time I am calm.
Feminine [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [X] Masculine/Tomboyish
Explain: Well, I only ever wear a dress if it's a very special occasion, and I can't get out of it. I wear a lot that's like mens clothes and I don't wear makeup. I don't like girly things, but I like explosions and knives and games.
4) Describe how you typically work in teams. Is it generally a good experience, or do you prefer working by yourself? Do you like to lead and make decisions or do you prefer to let others make decisions so that you can do the legwork? You may find it helpful to give an example of a team you worked on recently and how that went.
I'll work fairly well in teams, because they make you work at a set pace. If I set my own pace, it tends to be fairly slow, because I'm lazy. I prefer to take orders than give them. I can give orders, if I know what I'm supposed to tell them to do. I can check on them and make sure they're followed out, but I prefer not to.
5) What interests/hobbies do you have? How do you like to spend your free time?
Games, books, internet, occasionally making a mask. Final Fantasy, Batman Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed, Zelda, Pokemon... If I'm in the mood I'll do computer art.
6) Describe one to three careers you would find ideal, with a little explanation of why it appeals to you.
-Electrician : because I get to work with my hands in a trade, not as messy as automotive mechanics or plumbing, once you're qualified you can be self-employed and work at your own pace. It's not something people will ever not need.
7) List one to three favorite Final Fantasy games and why you like them. Sequels/spin-offs/non-numbered/KH/
FFX : Partly because it was the first FF game I ever played and the first game we played on the PS2, it really drew you into the story and different from the other games I played. It got me into the series. And anime and everything. It's got most of my favourite designs for summons, like Bahamut's, and Ifrit's.
Tactics : I like how it's set out like a chess-type thing, and it's more strategy based than most of the other FF games. Ramza and Delita were alright as characters, but I also liked the optional cameos, like Aerith, Cloud and Balthier. I haven't finished it yet, but I will when I get back to the PSP...
Crisis Core: FFVII : Partly because I love Zack, I liked the combat system. Didn't particularly like the DMW, Genesis or Angeal, but... yeah. I was already a fan of FFVII and I liked Zack even though I knew he died at the end. He was a good character.
8) List one to three of your favorite Final Fantasy characters and why:
Zack Fair : Playing such a upbeat character is a nice change from "not interested", "whatever" or "tch". Even knowing he was going to die in the end, he was a fun character to play.
Kefka : I haven't played FFVI yet, but in Dissidia Kefka was such a laugh. Evil, and he made things go BOOM. And it was fun to sit up the top of the stage and shoot Waggly Wobbly Firagas.
Squall Leonheart: because he was a mercenary with a gunblade. I did like his attitude, too, since I was at that kind of age. I like his determination too. And his limit break.
9) One to three characters you relate to (you may reuse answers from #8 if applicable) and why:
Kimahri Ronso - he's the guy that listens to your crap, who watches your back and is so quiet you forget he's even there.
Cid Highwind - because he's a grouchy space captain who is very particular about his stuff, and drinks tea. I also like my goddamn tea.
10) The FF game you liked playing least:
FFIII - I got bored with it unusually quickly. It failed to capture my attention...
11) One to three FF characters you dislike and why:
Irvine : I dislike the womanizing, he comes off as sleazy. And yeah, shotguns are cool, but not as cool as a gunblade. And that ridiculous cowboy hat.
Vanille : I just can't get over the fake Aussie accent! She has a real one, use it! And every time I hear her I'm like, "What's that Skip? Fang's having a dip in the billabong?"
Penelo : she seems too much like an add-on, nothing to contribute to the story.
12) Favorite weapon in a Final Fantasy game (either the name if you liked the name, or a picture if you liked the look of it, or a description if it had awesome stats/abilities):
That would be the Lionheart from VIII. Because it's a giant freakin' shiny crystal gunblade. It looks awesome and has a cool name, and it's Squall's ultimate weapon.
13) Your favorite Final Fantasy summon (e.g. Ifrit, Carbuncle, Bahamut, etc.):
Bahamut. Dragons have always been my favourite, and he has Megaflare, which makes things go boom. He's been my favourite since I first summoned him in FFX, and he has a spinning wheel thing on his back and multicoloured wings. And his megaflare reminds me of the Charged Particle Cannon from Zoids.
14) Your favorite spell/ability/technique that can be learned in a Final Fantasy game (e.g. Esuna, Steal, special finishes/overdrives such as Tifa's Final Heaven limit break, etc.):
It's a toss-up between Renzokuken/Lionheart, Omnislash V. 5, Blitz Ace and Army of One.
15) A Final Fantasy mini-game/sidequest you invested entirely too much time into:
Blitzball, Chocobo Racing, and lightning Dodge. I never did get Lulu's sigil, I got up to 150 at the most and then failed. I almost broke the controller in half in my frustration.
16) Your favorite Cid: Highwind (VII) "Sit Down and drink your Goddamn Tea!!!"
17) Optional: Up to one class you think does not fit you, with reasoning why.
White Mage, I'm not that nice.