Edits I'm so sorry about the html guys! That was a giant mess (that's what I get for not formatting in my journal first, yikes.
Name: Jackie. (Also known as cloudscapes!
Location: W. Sacramento, California
How did you find out about this community? spoonybards and chacusha; (Sorry if some of this looks familiar-ish.)
1) List and expand upon your three best traits / strengths.
1. Loyalty I try my best to watch the backs of my friends. One of the things that irritate me the most is when my friends have people who basically take a dump on them like it's no big deal, because I do my best not to be that person. Which usually means that I end up sticking up for them in those situations. There are only a few people I consider to be close to my heart, so when it comes down to dropping someone like it's hot in favor of keeping one of my true friends around, I probably won't make a big fuss. I'd rather have friends than acquaintances, and I'll treat you like you treat me -- I'm too old to deal with backstabbers and liars, and I've definitely had my fill.
2. Reliable Okay, I might not be reliable in the terms of things on the internet, but if someone needs to me to be somewhere at a certain time, I'll make sure and be there. If your car breaks down I will come pick you up? Pick up at the airport? Don't worry, I won't make you wait, bro, I'll even be there early. I think it says something about people when they actually try to be on time to things -- being late is one of my pet peeves, I can't stand it. Unless it's to work, but work sucks so who cares?
3. Friendly/Sense of Humor I might not have sold myself as the friendliest of people, but I actually am! I really enjoy talking to people and going out with friends, but what can you do? I also have a pretty good sense of humor -- I don't get easily offended -- and I think laughter is probably the best medicine. My jokes might be lame, but I make them! You can even laugh at me, as long as it's all in good fun.
2) List and expand upon your three worst traits / weaknesses.
1. Explosive Temper I'm one of those people that lets things build up before I confront them. Usually when things start to bug me I'll ignore them, or write them off, and things will be fine, but then one day even a little thing will make me snap and then it's weeks/months of pent up anger exploding in one fell swoop. I could probably be better about voicing things that irritate me, but then I never really think I need to worry about it until I, uh, do.
2. Procrastination No matter how many good intentions I have to do something, sometimes I live life by the motto that 'why do today what I can put off until tomorrow...or the day after, or the day after that'. I'm good about some things (see: Reliable) but when it comes to doing things for myself it's a whole different barrel of monkeys.
3. Lazy This is pretty self explanatory. Tried to ask myself what my mother would complain about and this one came to mind first. :(
3) Rate yourself on the following traits by putting an 'X' in the box you think fits best. (E.g. if you are slightly more introverted than extroverted, put an 'X' in the second box.) Explain your choice as well.
Let me know if these are too vague. I really don't like talking about the minor facets of my personality because in all honesty, I'm just a cranky, friendly, homebody.
Introverted [ ] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] Extroverted
Explain: I am not a party person, but I like being around people? I'm happy with a small circle of friends. I don't feel too horrible having time to myself, but when I do want to go out and do things I need to do them rtfn.
Cheerful [ ] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] Gloomy
Explain: I AM PRETTY HAPPY. I'm pretty upbeat to be around, and even though I'm still pretty crotchety in my old age (sigh) I try to keep the doom and gloom on the inside. Mostly, anyway.
Reserved [ ] [ ] [ ] [X] [ ] Impulsive
Explain: I'm impulsive in the sense that I like to bake at 12AM and usually shop without thinking too much about funds. But I don't randomly decide to go skydiving or get a tattoo. If anything it's going out for a fancy dinner or Target. Or buying really stupid smartphone games like TapFish which is sooo much fun. (I have an Octopus named Ultros right now.)
Energetic [ ] [ ] [X]  [ ] Calm
Explain: I get really wound up really quick and I think my mom still side eyes me, but sometimes I'm also really quiet and :|
Feminine [ ] [ ] [X] [ ] [ ] Masculine/Tomboyish
Explain: RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE. I like playing in the dirt and doing yard work (kind of?) and doing things like fishing and I used to climb trees before that suddenly became a Bad Idea, but I like getting dolled up now and then. I don't wear make up everyday and much prefer jeans to skirts, but I own a few nice things. My shoe size is too enormous to buy cute shoes in mass quantity, but I'm totally a purse/wallet person.
Grudge-holding [ ] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] Forgiving
Explain: I will never forgive you. Not unless you say sorry first, and even then I'd better be missing you enough to take you back. I don't have anymore time or patience for jerk-offs. (Have I mentioned anywhere in this application that I'm friendly and enjoy making friends and have a weird sense of humor? I SOUND SO CRANKY.)
4) Describe how you typically work in teams. Is it generally a good experience, or do you prefer working by yourself? Do you like to lead and make decisions or do you prefer to let others make decisions so that you can do the legwork? You may find it helpful to give an example of a team you worked on recently and how that went.
I think it kind of depends on what kind of group work it is. For example, I'm in another community that focuses heavily on working as a team and I absolutely adore it -- I love the people in my house and it's so fun trying to win our competitions (mostly, anyway!) but I hate working in groups for school work. I usually end up having to take on all the responsibility because I can't trust that it'll be done, and then I freak out because it stresses me out being responsible for so much. My job-interview go to answer is that I can work well with a team and enjoy doing so, but I am an efficient and productive worker when I work by myself too.
5) Spider-Man Decision: If you had to choose between saving two dozen innocent children and saving your best friend/significant other/person closest to you, which would you pick and why?
I hope there are other horrible people out there that would say they'd save their best friend/significant other out there. I want to say I'd be the bigger person and save the children, because that's what you're supposed to say, but I'd have trouble putting strangers in front of people I care about. Maybe it's pessimistic but I really don't feel like the families of those children would care about what I did down the road (maybe they would in a passive, we think about it on Christmas and Birthday's kind of way) but I'd be dealing with the loss of a friend/family member actively. IDK IDK. Maybe it's personal experience but I've been on the receiving end of the saying "no good deed goes unpunished" too many times to want to stick my neck out for strangers. But then again, it's one thing to say what you'd do in that situation and then another thing to follow through on it when you actually are.
6) Your friend has had their feelings hurt and comes to you for consolation. What do you do? Let's say, two days later they come to you again still upset over the same issue. What would you do in that case?
To be honest: I normally listen and I can be a really good listener, please come to me! But after a while I start to get really frustrated if it's a complaint that keeps coming up, or one I give advice to, or support, and the person never takes it and just keeps complaining. I want to be like: "Bro, I'm your best friend, but you got to do something about it." I guess it depends on what it is: friend drama or real life drama, I know everyone has their fair share, but it's one thing to vent and just want someone to agree with you (I do that!) but another thing when it's like, months of being distressed by the same thing. (Oh my God, I swear I'm not a jerk but I sound so jerky in this. It keeps getting worse.)
7) What interests/hobbies do you have? How do you like to spend your free time?
I like to draw and play video games (obviously!) I've been trying to read more, too. I like trying to make things, but so far I'm pretty mediocre at crafting. I guess my other full time hobby is taking care of my pets!
8) Describe one to three careers you would find ideal, with a little explanation of why it appeals to you.
I WANT TO BE A HISTORIAN. Because I've been going to school for it for way too long. Preferably teaching about World War II (specifically the German/American side of things). I'd also thought of being an art historian, working in a Museum. Any grown-up job would ideal as long as it wasn't retail. (So tired of retail and humanity.)
9) List one to three favorite Final Fantasy games and why you like them.
Final Fantasy X This game will always have the special place in my heart. I remember following it before the characters had names, and waited to get a PS2 just for it. In my opinion (unpopular as it may be) it was the first final fantasy that really had the best elements of ...everything. The gameplay was fantastic, the graphics were amazing, and the cast was just so believable! I loved the dynamic between the entire party, and some of my favorite NPCs came out of it. Haters to the left, but this game was amazing.
Final Fantasy VI HEY SUP FF6. I actually played this one last, and mostly in 2006-2007 with my bro Eblan, but this one is great! Lots of amazing characters, fun gameplay, and a pretty decent story given the terrible translation. (This and Chrono Trigger hold the spot in my heart for the best SNES games!) Edgar, Locke, and Setzer, man.
Final Fantasy V/VIII/VII I know this is three, but I kind of love them equally for different reasons. FFV was another late entry, but I really enjoyed the job system and Faris is one of my favorite characters to date, but FFVII was my first final fantasy and the first game I beat, and it kind of kindled my love for video games. If it wasn't for my friend introducing me to games through it, I probably would have never played any of the Final Fantasy's until I met Eblan in like, 2002. That's a long time, guys. FFVIII because it was also amazing and when it came out the graphics blew my mind and even though it's plot is kind of cracky it's still really good.
10) List one to three of your favorite Final Fantasy characters and why:
JUST THREE? Dude, I don't think I can explain my love in just three characters. How about I give you three ships so technically it's 6 favorite characters.
1. Tidus/Yuna: These two are my forever OTP! People usually hate on Tidus because he's kind of whiny and immature, but I think storytelling wise he probably has the most thought out and well executed character development out of all the games. Yeah, I said it. All the games! He starts out as this brat, with a few talents, and through the course of the story you watch him grow up as he has to make these grown up decisions. He does everything with a smile, even when things are horrible, and he succeeds. Plus, his relationship with Auron and Jecht is also really adorable.
Yuna is hands down, my favorite Final Fantasy character ever. As much as I love everyone else and basically everyone holds some fond spot in my heart, she is the embodiment a really stand out lead character. She's sweet and sensitive (I love the white mage trope, ngl) but she doesn't let herself be a doormat. Okay, maybe you can see the whole thing with Seymour as that, but she did it for a reason. She put herself in danger (not in a stupid, tropey way that writers usually write their lead females) but because she was going to send this jerk to the Farplane if her life depended on it. And she had a back up plan! Sure Tidus got there in an effort to save her, but Yuna and her Aeons got her out of the mess. She's strong willed without being a jerk and she grows up too. I mean, she signed up to sacrifice her life and she did it with poise and grace~. But she could also be selfish too. She wanted to live and she didn't want to die and in the end she made her decisions for herself. This is rambly, and would probably make more sense if it wasn't 3AM in the morning. Sorry!)
2. Faris/Setzer: Faris is a pirate captain, pirate princess, with the ability to be a ninja, and Setzer is the carefree, sarcastic gambler with a heart of gold, who also pilots an airship. They are very ships? ships! Their Amano designs are my favorite, and uh, sometimes when Eb plays through the terrible PS translation I voice act her lines and everything she says becomes super priceless. For exaple: "By the briny beard o' Neptune! D'gaaaaar!"
3. Edgar/Locke: It's probably a bad thing that I really can't come up with really, really good reasons for liking my favorite characters. Edgar kind of fell into my lap: everyone in my group of friends had already claimed one, I got Edgar as a left over, and then realized how amazing he was when I played the game and he busted out a Jason mask and a drill bit. Aw. Yeah. Locke because he's my favorite charismatic thief with a heart of gold. Zidane was cool, and I like him, but Locke. He's significantly more amazing when he's not wearing like, a ripped jean jacket and a headband and rocking some zebra print, too.
11) One to three characters you relate to (you may reuse answers from #8 if applicable) and why:
This is kind of tough because I feel like it's a fine line between denial of how not awesome I am, and realization of how kind of okay I am.
Quistis: She's kind of the friend who's really good at what she does (being a teacher, being a fighter) but also doesn't get the guy and is okay with that. She's really supportive too. (I used to hate her, but replaying FF8 I realized I like her a lot because she's kind of just normal?)
Laguna Because when I am herp, I am pretty freaking derp.
12) The FF game you liked playing least: FFIX, FFII.
FFIX because I'll never forget the disappointment from going from graphics of 7, to graphics of 8, and then to 9 and feeling shafted. I never really got behind Zidane or Dagger, or most of the cast (I still don't like Eiko that much) but now that I'm playing it again I like it a lot more. VII, VIII, IX still have the best soundtracks, in my opinion, and now that I'm older and have actually played the older FFs I can appreciate the throwback to the classes. Zidane still feels like a copy of Locke, but endearing in his own right, and I admittedly appreciate Dagger a lot more. Eiko still bugs me, but Freya, Steiner, Beatrix, and Amarant continue to be my favorites. OVERALL, like it. The art style will never stop bugging me (I can do the super-deformed but something about their faces remind me of monkeys and monkeys, besides marble hands, really gross me out. IT'S A REALLY IRRATIONAL FEAR. I'm not scared of clowns or axe-murderers, but monkeys? Can't handle it.)
FFII I disliked the most, not because it's old, but because I started it, walked outside like, one centimeter in the wrong direction and got into like, this level 99 boss battle that wiped out my Level 2 party. THREE TIMES. F' that noise, okay?
13) One to three FF characters you dislike and why:
I don't really dislike anyone. On the whole I dislike a lot of what Square-Enix has done to characters/storylines versus Square Soft, but if I had to pick, a lot of it comes back down to Final Fantasy VII.
1. Advent Children Cloud: I love-love-love crazy, thinks-he's-Zack Cloud in Final Fantasy VII, but I absolutely cannot stand Advent Children Cloud and his forever sad, kicked puppy look. One of the reasons I stanned so hard for Final Fantasy VII was because he was hilarious and even the tragic stuff in his backstory was handled as well as could be, for how mangled the translation was. Advent Children just kind of took it and ran though, and they're never going to let him get over the things that Sephiroth put him through. ;_; I miss the old Cloud.
2. Kadaj/Loz/That other one: Sephiroth is cool when he's a fleshed out villain (in theory?) but I am so over his clones. Not a giant fan of the crazy-bishounen-pretty-boy-white-haired-
3. Advent Children
AerisAerith: This is kind of ironic because she's one of my favorite characters ever. (I don't battle Tifa vs. Aeris). I loved her in FF7. She was sassy and kind of in your face, and in some ways her personality and Rinoa's personalities at the beginning of their games are similar to me in the sense that they kind of know what they want and will take initiative, but I kind of never forgave AC/S-E for sticking the Mother-trope on Aerith and stripping her of what made her so wonderful in the actual game. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Mother-trope, or being a Mother, but it just...IDK, to me it never felt like that's what she was about. Her dysfunctional relationship with Zack/Cloud made the game fun and then they kind of dulled down her and Cloud in all the sequels. Sigh.
14) Favorite weapon in a Final Fantasy game (either the name if you liked the name, or a picture if you liked the look of it, or a description if it had awesome stats/abilities):
Maneater. Lolol. Final weapon-wise? Or weapon in general. Does Angelo count as a weapon or an ability, because she was really awesome. (Apparently she's a she, who knew!) Maybe Caladbolg (Tidus' final weapon) just for the sake of how many hours and tears I put into racing that horrible woman and her damn chocobo to get it. Nightmares, man.
15) Your favorite Final Fantasy summon (e.g. Ifrit, Carbuncle, Bahamut, etc.):
VALEFOR FOREVER BB. I tear up the Dissidia 012 field with my Summoner bb.
16) Your favorite spell/ability/technique that can be learned in a Final Fantasy game (e.g. Esuna, Steal, special finishes/overdrives such as Tifa's Final Heaven limit break, etc.):
GREAT GOSPEL. True Story: I got Aeris to level like, 70 before she died, plus her final limit break and her final weapon. I think I was going through a very sad and lonely time in 8th grade or something, but the animation on it is so adorable that it was worth getting. Want to know the sad part? I never saved on the world map before the point of no return. Ah, hindsight.
17) A Final Fantasy mini-game/sidequest you invested entirely too much time into:
CHOCOBOWOMAAAAAAAAAAAdjfdsjfnnnnn. I will never forgive her. Also the Chocobo's from FFVII because they were so much fun to raise and ya'll know you named your first colored chocobo after Aeris. I think everyone did that. Unless you hated her and then what did you name yours?
18) Your favorite Cid: Highwind! He was so, so badass. His ship was badass and his uh, actual ship was badass and his theme was badass. Shera+Cid forever.
19) Optional: Up to one class you think does not fit you, with reasoning why.
I don't think I'd consider myself a Thief or Monk, but I'm not opposed to getting one/either/none/all if that's how everyone votes!