How did you find out about this community? (Specify usernames if you remember them.)
Mako_Lies referred to it often in our conversations.
1) List and expand upon your three best traits / strengths. (These should be personality-related, not physical.)
Loyal - Once you are my friend I am yours forever.
Good Listener - People always come to me with their problems. I may not always have a solution, but that isn't always what people want or need. They just need someone to listen to them. That is me!
Calm - In my group, a very energetic bunch, I create balance. I don't see the point of getting so riled up that you can't be aware of what is going on around you. Besides when I'm not calm then I'm stressing and turn into an unpleasant person.
2) List and expand upon your three worst traits / weaknesses.
Procrastination - My parents are always getting on my tail about this. If a thing doesn't strike my fancy, then I don't put as much effort as perhaps I should. Chores come last on my list of things to do.
A tad selfish - Again, something has to interest me before I will put any work into it. This goes with everything I do. I do lots of things for others, but only because that makes me feel good (well not only, but it's my ulterior motive.)
Bossy - If you are not doing what you are supposed to be doing then I want you to stop and if you don't then you'll feel my rage. It frustrates the hell out of me when people break rules and things don't go the way I perceive they are supposed to go.
3) Rate yourself on the following traits by putting an 'X' in the box you think fits best. (E.g. if you are slightly more introverted than extroverted, put an 'X' in the second box.) Explain your choice as well.
Introverted [ ] [ x ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Extroverted
For the most part what you see is what you get, but that's not everything. If you manage to get into my heart then I'll give you more then just hints.
Cheerful [ ] [ ] [ x ] [ ] [ ] Gloomy
I'm not Cheerful, but not Gloomy. I am serious and calm. It's not often that I'm high on life, but at the same time I don't have that aura of "Oh my god, the sky is going to fall on my head, so I obviously can't be good or happy."
Reserved [ ] [ ] [ x ] [ ] [ ] Impulsive
I can't really decide either way. It depends on my mood.
Energetic [ ] [ ] [ ] [ x ] [ ] Calm
I have my moments of energy, but I prefer to sit back and listen. There is so much joy to take from just watching. Still... I've got the energy when I need it.
Feminine [ ] [ x ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Masculine/Tomboyish
I like dresses and make-up, but I don't spruce myself up everyday. I like pretty things and long hair, but why be completely obsessive about it.
Grudge-holding [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ x ] Forgiving
What is the point of holding a grudge? I like my own peace of mind to much to give others the pleasure of riling me up that much. Forgive and forget. To a degree.
4) Describe how you typically work in teams. Is it generally a good experience, or do you prefer working by yourself? Do you like to lead and make decisions or do you prefer to let others make decisions so that you can do the legwork? You may find it helpful to give an example of a team you worked on recently and how that went.
I like to be in charge, but I don't mind being given orders. There are pros and cons to it both ways. As a boss, I want things done right and definitely understand the pressure that goes along with it. With great power comes great responsibility. As a follower I have no problem being given guidelines and rules, its my fellow followers that piss me off. If they aren't dedicated to the project and just want to goof off then I want nothing to do with them. Considering this, I work better alone or with people equally dedicated.
5) Spider-Man Decision: If you had to choose between saving two dozen innocent children and saving your best friend/significant other/person closest to you, which would you pick and why?
That would be a hard choice. Can't I be Superman and save them all? :( If I absolutely had to choose then it would be the kids. My best friend would shun me for the rest of our lives if I chose her. Besides how could I condemn a bunch of kids to doom and death?
6) Your friend has had their feelings hurt and comes to you for consolation. What do you do? Let's say, two days later they come to you again still upset over the same issue. What would you do in that case?
I listen and try to get both side of the story in case they ask for advice. Then I give them the best answer I can. If they come back I listen then, depending on if the situation has changed at all or not, I either rinse and repeat, or tell them to get over it.
7) What interests/hobbies do you have? How do you like to spend your free time?
I like playing video games, reading fanfiction, looking for new auditions, and RPing. I wrestle, or at least I did and I still consider that to be my sport.
8) Describe one to three careers you would find ideal, with a little explanation of why it appeals to you.
Directing. I prefer to guide others to their goals rather than actually act. Acting is fun, but there is so much joy to see your actors change. Again I like to watch other people and be a boss. I have directed a lot and intend to pursue directing as my profession. But it would be cool to be a superhero. I don't think that's possible.
9) List one to three favorite Final Fantasy games and why you like them. Sequels/spin-offs/non-numbered/KH/
FFVII - First FF fandom, to put it simply. I liked the badassery that was Tifa's character and the story, though the graphics were... sad.
FFXII - First FF Fandom to hold my attention for longer than a year. With 7 I got tired of bullshit and the Cloud/Tifa vs. Cloud/Aerith. There was too much hate to hold my attention. The story was complex and showed us that the series was growing up with it's gamers. There were a lot of hints at adult concepts that you could catch easily, but my brothe,r who's 9 and trys to play every once in a while, is safe from it.
FFXIII - Okay, so it was like watching a movie, but the characters were so real! You could feel their struggles and as far as RP it's held my attention the longest. The fics aren't diverse enough, but it's a new game and the fandom is growing.
10) List one to three of your favorite Final Fantasy characters and why:
This is hard. I love Final Fantasy because of the characters, because of their depth. At the moment:
Tifa - She is strong, despite her weakness for Cloud, but does love not weaken us all and she was young in 7, growing. Aerith was her best friend, that much was obvious, and that friendship opened her eyes. Tifa was a strong, female melee/tank character, one of the first. Despite the fact that she was ridiculously proportioned ( I know from experience that moving with that big of a chest is very difficult and not possible with that small of a waist.) but that was fixed with Advent Children. Tifa was a woman, at the very base of all things. A woman trying to find herself.
BALTHIER - Oh my god he is awesome. It may be the accent, but his whole search for that something inside him that is greater than his heritage intrigues me. I have so many writing and fic ideas for him, it's crazy. I wrote a cool one... it's somewhere on one of my many flashdrives. He makes me cry. (Thats a good thing because it means I connect with his character.) Besides who doesn't love "the leading man"? Anyone who has any sort of hatred for him might have a good reason, but not one I will stomach well. He was a character with a lot of depth.
Vanille - I don't understand why she is so hated. She is the girl who is scared of the big bad scary things that she is going to cause. Of course she is going to run away, but her internal struggle and her growth is what draws me too her. That and she makes a great narrator.
11) One to three characters you relate to (you may reuse answers from #8 if applicable) and why:
Balthier - His self-hatred is the mirror image of my own. His search for that someting more is a reflection of mine.
Tifa - Above everything, she is a woman with a woman's heart and a mothers protective instinct. She and I are very similar in that. Plus our chest size is the same, unfortunately.
Quistis - Ice Queen. Bitch. Those are words used to describe her and myself by people who don't know or understand. Under it all there is a person there with feelings that can get hurt just as much as the next person. Plus I would love to have her figure.
12) The FF game you liked playing least:
FFVIII - sorry I liked the characters, but not enough thought was put into them or the story. Square Enix failed in that game. The Drawing system killed any want to play past 7 hours.
13) One to three FF characters you dislike and why:
Rinoa - Cool concept and when it comes to fic and RP I do a much better job than Square Enix did. Rinoa wasn't a woman in 8, she was a possesion, a prize to win. Plus, "You will love me. You will love me. Did it work?" NO IT DIDN'T SO SQUALL DON'T YOU DARE
14) Favorite weapon in a Final Fantasy game (either the name if you liked the name, or a picture if you liked the look of it, or a description if it had awesome stats/abilities):
Save The Queen - Both Quistis's Whip and Ashe's Sword. Yes it is Ashe's. Think about it. It's thin and it looks best with her using it. Plus I enjoy the idea that the Queen in saving herself because that is Ashe's mentality all the way. Does Ashe belong on my Fav Charrie list? Obviously. Mostly I like the name and the connotations behind it all. Quistis was a queen too you know, an Ice Queen.
15) Your favorite Final Fantasy summon (e.g. Ifrit, Carbuncle, Bahamut, etc.):
Shiva. FFX was the first FF I ever played and Shiva blew my mind away. She saved me from the evil death kitties more times than I can count, not to mention she was beautiful and was the most useful summon of that entire game (if you didn't want to waste items on leveling your Aeons).
16) Your favorite spell/ability/technique that can be learned in a Final Fantasy game (e.g. Esuna, Steal, special finishes/overdrives such as Tifa's Final Heaven limit break, etc.):
Cure. Seriously? It was the most used, most helpful thing ever. Can an dispute that?
17) A Final Fantasy mini-game/sidequest you invested entirely too much time into:
FFX-2... Digging. Yes. I spent a lot of time doing that. And getting 100% on that stupid addictive game.
18) Your favorite Cid:
Aww! Come on guys... Okay... Cid Bunansa hands down.
19) Optional: Up to one class you think does not fit you, with reasoning why.
Soldier. I don't like to fight. I avoid conflict with others whenever possible.