Occupation: Student (Full time ¬_¬ )
How did you find out about this community? (Specify usernames if you remember
them.) Katy_111 said it would be an awesome place to join.
1) List and expand upon your three best traits / strengths. (These should be
personality-related, not physical.)
1. I'm a good listener. I end up speaking to my friends a lot about issues they
are having and trying to give advice.
2. I'm friendly, I'll try to get on with anyone I come across, sometimes it can
come off a bit weird but I tend to keep trying anyway.
3. I consider myself to have a very good imagination, especially around
development of characters.
2) List and expand upon your three worst traits / weaknesses.
1. I do not shut up, ever. I can go ON AND ON AND ON about a subject. For hours.
Even if the person I'm talking to doesn't care about it. It's a very bad habit
but sometimes I don't notice I'm doing it.
2. I find detecting social cues difficult, 'reading' people and judging the
correct way to act in a social setting is very hard for me. I tend to give it a
stab anyway, you can only learn through trying, right?
3. I'm fairly selfish, I like things to go my way and even if I'm not outwardly
disappointed about it then internally I probably am.
3) Rate yourself on the following traits by putting an 'X' in the box you
think fits best. (E.g. if you are slightly more introverted than extroverted,
put an 'X' in the second box.) Explain your choice as well.
Introverted [ ] [ ] [ x] [ ] [ ] Extroverted
Explain: It really depends on the situation, if I'm with friends, I'm
really very extroverted, but if it's around people I don't know especially well
or can't 'read' then I tend to be quiet.
Cheerful [ ] [x ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Gloomy
Explain: I try to be cheerful at all times, but sometimes I get gloomy,
it tends to just happen sometimes.
Reserved [ ] [ ] [ x] [ ] [ ] Impulsive
Explain: Rarely do I think before acting, but if it comes to going out or
things, I need to have a definite plan and I don't like deviating from it.
Energetic [ ] [ x] [ ] [ ] [ ] Calm
Explain: I tend to be buzzing with energy more than I'm calm. I get VERY
excited a lot of the time.
Logical/Thinking [ ] [ ] [ ] [x ] [ ] Emotional/Feeling
Explain: I act with my heart more than my head, but I at least try and
give some logic to my actions.
Grudge-holding [ ] [ ] [ ] [ x] [ ] Forgiving
Explain: I can hold a grudge for quite a while if I'm really unhappy with
someone, but I don't like having conflict with people I see on a regular basis
and I'm more likely to be the one begging for forgiveness than not.
4) Describe how you typically work in teams. Is it generally a good
experience, or do you prefer working by yourself? Do you like to lead and make
decisions or do you prefer to let others make decisions so that you can do the
legwork? You may find it helpful to give an example of a team you worked on
recently and how that went.
I hate working in teams. It rarely goes well. In school you often get put into
groups of people you don't know well, to integrate the class I guess, but that
tends to make me feel very anxious because if I don't know someone quite well I
find it hard to tell what they mean sometimes and I end up focusing a lot more
on that than on the task at hand. In a group of friends though, I'm fine and
tend to try and take the lead, but that's just because I like getting my own
5) Spider-Man Decision: If you had to choose between saving two dozen
innocent children and saving your best friend/significant other/person closest
to you, which would you pick and why?
I hate questions like this. But I think I would save my best friend/significant
other/person closest to me because I don't think I could forgive myself if I
didn't. I never have to see the parents of those children again, so I can escape
the consequences, whereas you knew your friend personally and so the guilt would
6) Your friend has had their feelings hurt and comes to you for consolation.
What do you do? Let's say, two days later they come to you again still upset
over the same issue. What would you do in that case?
I'd probably offer comfort and advice both times. Just because they're still
upset a few days later doesn't mean I'm about to change my behaviour. Perhaps
I'd encourage them to start to get over the offence, but nothing more than that
7) What interests/hobbies do you have? How do you like to spend your free
I used to ride horses, but that got too expensive. I still consider horses an
interest and I follow the competition world as closely as I can. I'm an avid
reader, especially of fantasy novels. I enjoy writing, fanfics, drabbles,
character interaction, you name it I'll give it a go. I play video games,
probably not as much as some people here but if I enjoy a game I try to play it
until the end. I play Dungeons and Dragons twice a week with a group of friends
from my college (Although we do it over the web because half of them are at Uni)
and I love it, it combines some of my favourite things together. I also do some
other roleplaying of the less numbery type, but only really with one person at
the moment. I also make graphics, I'm a little out of practice on big
photomanipulation pieces, but I make icons regularly for icontests and that's
the reason I'm on LJ in the first place.
8) Describe one to three careers you would find ideal, with a little
explanation of why it appeals to you.
I'd love to be a book critic, being able to read books all day and then give
your opinion on them seems like the ideal job to me.
9) List one to three favorite Final Fantasy games and why you like
I like Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. I thought it was really well done for the
PSP, the characters were relatable to, the music was beautiful and it was just
I also like Final Fantasy Dissidia, it combined characters who I knew about from
roleplaying games, which I'm not necessarily all that good at, with a style of
gameplay I actually was decent with. I liked the storylines too, I thought they
were interesting and well thought out/
10) List one to three of your favorite Final Fantasy characters and why:
I like Zack Fair, he's bouncy, bubbly and just full of fun. But, he knows when
it's time to be serious and he does get the job done. I thought he was a really
great character to lead a game, what he did for Cloud was so completely selfless
it really showed the depth of his character.
I like Squall Leonhart. He was a broody teenager who developed after being put
under a lot of stress, I don't blame him for any of the mistakes he made
(including falling in love after 5 total spoken words) because I think they were
all a part of making him a believable teenage character.
11) One to three characters you relate to (you may reuse answers from
#8 if applicable) and why:
I don't really think I relate to any characters. Some of the stuff they go
through in game would completely destroy me. So maybe Hope from XIII, at a push,
because he just reacted like a little kid would have.
12) The FF game you liked playing least:
Final Fantasy XIII. Yes, it was beautiful, but it would've been nice to have a
better battle system than 'Press X constantly to win'. I enjoy an easy RPG, but
this was so easy it was tedious.
13) One to three FF characters you dislike and why:
Tifa from VII. I don't like how goddamn clingy she was to Cloud, it just
bothered me. I didn't like the type of character she was in Dissidia either,
it's just not a type of person who sits well with me.
14) Favorite weapon in a Final Fantasy game (either the name if you liked the
name, or a picture if you liked the look of it, or a description if it had
I love Sephiroth's Masamune, because, y'know, HUGE ASS SWORD. I just always
found it really impressive.
15) Your favorite Final Fantasy summon (e.g. Ifrit, Carbuncle, Bahamut,
etc.): Carbuncle, it's adorable.
16) Your favorite spell/ability/technique that can be learned in a Final
Fantasy game (e.g. Esuna, Steal, special finishes/overdrives such as Tifa's
Final Heaven limit break, etc.): I like Cure. Playing a cleric in my D&D
game means I know how much a healing spell is valued, I like that FF had healing
spells rather than just potions or 'health kits'.
17) A Final Fantasy mini-game/sidequest you invested entirely too much time
into: Finding all the stickers in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. Dear lord
I spent forever doing it.
18) Your favorite Cid: Highwind. (Tea. That is all.)
19) Optional: Up to one class you think does not fit you, with
reasoning why. I'm happy with wherever you put me.