Location: Alone in my headdddd etc etc
Occupation: The noble and agéd art of ‘pprenticeship
How did you find out about this community? (Specify usernames if you remember them.) The most fair and beauteous Mystiara of Raine, who scribes dewdrops ‘pon the morning grass, did lead me here by the scruff of neck and threw me ‘pon thy mercies.
(Her other name is glacialphoenix. But that’s a secret.)
1) List and expand upon your three best traits / strengths. (These should be personality-related, not physical.)
I am terribly humble, hyuk hyuk.
Uhhhh. God, this is hard.
Can I do a few combo bits?
I really don’t know my god.
I’m very much obsessive in the good way? Like, I’m about immune to boredom when I need to be.
Perfectionistic-ish, I suppose. When things interest me.
Seriously, I don’t even feel bored when grinding. Even Fire Emblem, you-better-level-in-four-stats-or-I-
I’m also terribly, terribly humble. Or possibly really embarrassed about having to be all boastful. Or have low self-esteem issues. All three, judging by this.
Uhhhh. I’m told people put in “intelligent” here. Despite it not being a personality trait. So! I think I’m smart! :D
*ka-smash the humble things
I’m… well, socially speaking, I’m kinda very screwed up.
I’m really bad with Brand New Social Environments. The social anxiety is strong; panic attack strong, sometimes, depending. How new is the environment? How big is it? Does something stupid happen that I will latch on and think people hate me for no reason?
But at the same time I have like little… friendship decay? Uh. There’s the bit of me that kinda assumes, whatever relationship we’ve managed to get, it’ll stay there. I don’t get “it’s been a year since I met you” awkwardness with anybody. Which is problematic when the other side feels it, so it’s a mixed thing.
Connected to this? I’m not sure why it’s so—it’s probably related—I have like little need to keep in connection with people. Which… well, lets decay set in for most people, because they don’t have my rate of not-decay. It’s not that I consider you less of a friend, or you’re just Not That Important, or anything; I just don’t need to talk to people all that much. At all.
(Basic introversion ++, or something. I dunno.)
I’m apparently very good at being Counselor for people, simply by existing; some of them tell me I seem more mature, and other people tell me I just seem like someone who’s good at listening and giving advice. Which is kinda weird, because I’m immature as all get out, but…
I’m also perfectly willing to sit on the phone with you for hours listening despite barely knowing you.
TL;DR – My friendship mechanics are weird.
2) List and expand upon your three worst traits / weaknesses.
I’m basically kind of content.
No, really. I have… little ambition, I suppose. I’m interested in things, but there’s none of that Driving Passion to Grab Hold Of Something And Change The World. Or, well, to change My Life.
Maybe I’ve read too much and played too much and drowned myself (too much?) in stories, because now that’s all I really kinda want; I want a narrative, a tale to engage me and carry me along, and that’s easy to get. Books. Games. Flood of media from everywhere and everywhen.
The next tier of life goal is to get rich enough to be all independently wealthy, get all the freedom that that provides, and run around chasing everything I want to. But that’s, well—that’s an unrealistic goal, and with a (large) family behind me I can’t run the risks required to try something like that. Steady job, straight line future.
And there’s nothing else I want. My mind tells me to be good at x and study hard(er) and I’m all, yes, I agree, these things are important. I manage to do them, some (most?) of the time. But it’d be a lot easier if the motivation was there.
Somehow it feels like I should be doing a Murder Arson Jaywalking thing, and say like “I tend to have terrible sitting posture”.
So! Reasons Why I Am A Horrible Person Part 3 – I have….
A terrible sense of time? Does that work?
I estimate time terribly. And tend to lose track of it so fast.
Especially when there’s something to read. Or play.
Reading includes studying, yes. I’ve managed like 15 hour work-day-nights by sitting on my arse and not moving unto forever.
This is probably really bad for me. Also, it makes me late for things, and that’s terrible.
3) Rate yourself on the following traits by putting an 'X' in the box you think fits best. (E.g. if you are slightly more introverted than extroverted, put an 'X' in the second box.) Explain your choice as well.
Introverted [ ] [ x] [ ] [ ] [ ] Extroverted
As Above ™
Also, being around large groups for long periods of time is terribly exhausting. I need time to conference with the voices in my head.
Cheerful [ ] [ x] [ ] [ ] [ ] Gloomy
Life’s hard enough without making it harder! NEVER LET ANYTHING GET YOU DOWN.
(Row row fight the powah)
Also, I appear to be generally emotionally resilient (aside from panic, thank you anxiety issues.) Like, I don’t often feel sad, and when I do I bounce back fast. Probably a contributing factor to my lack of ambition ™.
Reserved [ ] [ ] [ ] [x ] [ ] Impulsive
If it was planning/impulsive Id be on planning, but between reserved and impulsive…
Well, I’m not naturally a reserved person. Ze Poker Face, it is lacking. Alas.
Energetic [ ] [ x]  [ ] [ ] Calm
Classic online self-perception: I’m all quiet with strangers but all my friends think I’m crazy~! Etc.
Also I laugh easily. And act about half my age, with people who are willing to do that kind of stuff.
Logical/Thinking [ ] [x ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Emotional/Feeling
Because I’m all. Logicky. And stuff.
And I believe in using your head to temper your heart and that instinctive reactions are often not the best ones and The Power Of A Burning Heart works only in shounen manga.
Grudge-holding [ ] [ ] [x ] [ ] [ ] Forgiving
I don’t generally hold grudges; any time I get mad at you, I tend to be over it in like 15 minutes maybe, and be alright again thereafter.
But I don’t forgive easily, either; I incline towards punishment rather than forgiveness as the response to crimes and things, and while I(‘d like to) think I’m a compassionate person, I also strongly believe that people should meet the consequences of their actions.
So there we go.
4) Describe how you typically work in teams. Is it generally a good experience, or do you prefer working by yourself? Do you like to lead and make decisions or do you prefer to let others make decisions so that you can do the legwork? You may find it helpful to give an example of a team you worked on recently and how that went.
It’s… well, it’s ok.
I don’t particularly like to lead; it’s something I can do if nobody else wants to, but I’d much rather be the Editor, as it were; making sure everyone’s stuff is up to scratch.
(Who decides what is up to scratch? Well, I do, that’s who.)
I…. prefer doing work solo, really; that way, I don’t have to worry about whether someone else’s work is up to my standards oh my god I’m such an arrogant bastard.
5) Spider-Man Decision: If you had to choose between saving two dozen innocent children and saving your best friend/significant other/person closest to you, which would you pick and why?
Seriously, Spiderman, call the Avengers for help. Tsk.
6) Your friend has had their feelings hurt and comes to you for consolation. What do you do? Let's say, two days later they come to you again still upset over the same issue. What would you do in that case?
Listen. Give advice if possible. Just listen if not.
And then, if annoyed at people being Stuck In The Same Rut Forever (depending on how many times this has repeated), vent to Other People that do not know the original.
This might be a bad thing, but. ;_; So annoying.
7) What interests/hobbies do you have? How do you like to spend your free time?
Uh. Yeah. Read. Play. Write.
Run. (Sudden disconnect ™)
8) Describe one to three careers you would find ideal, with a little explanation of why it appeals to you.
The ideal career is anything with a large passive income.
Like, large (but not majority) shareholdings in multiple doing-very-well corporations.
Beneficiary of a monstrous, well-invested trust fund.
I want a personal library, and the time to fill it.
I want the freedom to be able to clothe and feed my family without worrying about a salary.
I want to be able to do whatever, to chase my interests, to… well, to get out of the rat race, to use the most cliché of terms.
9) List one to three favorite Final Fantasy games and why you like them. Sequels/spin-offs/non-numbered/KH/
10) List one to three of your favorite Final Fantasy characters and why:
Vivi is adorable. And DETERMINED.
11) One to three characters you relate to (you may reuse answers from #10 if applicable) and why:
12) The FF game you liked playing least:
Of the ones I’ve played, VIII.
It was annoying at first. DRAW DRAW DRAW DRAW.
And then you realize you can break the game right on disc 1.
I generally enjoy breaking game systems, but come on.
13) One to three FF characters you dislike and why:
Seifer. Dude seriously. You should really have some principles outside of “I wanna be a knight!” Ambition has to be tempered by your brain.
…other than that I’m kinda bad at this. I mean, if I don’t particularly care for a character I just… don’t become attached to them. As opposed to actively disliking. Hmmm.
Jecht is Worst Dad Ever ™.
Rinoa kinda annoyed me, I guess. That “you will like me” thing was so… *shudder*
14) Favorite weapon in a Final Fantasy game (either the name if you liked the name, or a picture if you liked the look of it, or a description if it had awesome stats/abilities):
First Tsurugi? >_> In terms of design
SaveTheQueen for the name.
Excalibur2 for the sheer hilarity of the name. I keep adding Electric Bugaloo! At the end.
15) Your favorite Final Fantasy summon (e.g. Ifrit, Carbuncle, Bahamut, etc.):
Anima was kinda cool.
16) Your favorite spell/ability/technique that can be learned in a Final Fantasy game (e.g. Esuna, Steal, special finishes/overdrives such as Tifa's Final Heaven limit break, etc.):
That OHKO assassin move from FFTA. All you need is that Sniper +20 Accuracy support, and ninjas everywhere.
With a special mention for FFVI Ultima, because <3.
17) A Final Fantasy mini-game/sidequest you invested entirely too much time into:
Lightning dodging. Seriously.
Also my general insane grind philosophy of gameplay, but ehhhh.
18) Your favorite Cid:
FFVI Yellow Raincoat Cid.
WHY DON’T YOU JOIN ME ON THE AIRSHIP, YOU CRAZY OLD COOT. IF YOU DIE FROM BAD FISH NOW I WILL REZ YOU JUST TO KILL YOU.
19) Optional: Up to one class you think does not fit you, with reasoning why.